A Grimoire for Magical Makers
The Creative Arcana is like a grimoire (or spell book) for magical makers of all kinds. You get activities, spells, and rituals, plus the option for one-on-one support, to help you rediscover your inner mystic and creative visionary.
The Creative Arcana is for you if you are…
- a writer
- an artist
- a musician
- a photographer
- a filmmaker
- a performance artist
- a crafter
- a podcaster
- an entrepreneur
- someone with a passion project, side job, or creative hobby
- someone who wants to get back to a regular creative practice — or develop one for the first time ever!
Whether you’re a seasoned creative pro or an enthusiastic hobbyist, you are welcome in The Creative Arcana.
What can you expect in The Creative Arcana?
I’ve used tarot so many times as a tool for introspection and insight into my creativity, especially when I’m feeling stuck or unsure of my next move. Then I realized the questions I ask myself might help you understand yourself as a creative, too.
Each post features:
- An introduction to an archetype or symbol in the tarot with a lesson connecting this concept to creativity
- Practical questions and activities designed to help you see your inner creative in a whole new light: creative dares, discussions, and opportunities for introspection
- Spellwork, rituals, and witch “crafting” ideas (using easy-to-find items) to bring your higher self to your art: visualization exercises, candle spells, chaos magick, and even a session on making your own oracle cards
We start with the new beginnings and daring spirit of The Fool as we plant the seeds for our creativity to flourish and work our way to The World, the culmination of the journey in the Major Arcana.
The lessons and activities are available on Patreon to give you access to everything in one convenient spot. This isn’t a formal course — do as many or as few of the activities as you like. After all, The Creative Arcana should complement your creative practice — not take you away from it!
And in case you were wondering: You don’t need to know anything about tarot or the metaphysical to join in. You don’t have to be a witch or follow any particular spiritual path, either.
If you are a creative person (and you are!), then you already have that magic within you. These practices will guide you in connecting with your creative spirit. All creators, all paths, all genders, all ages, all people welcome!
What I’m bringing to you
From taking writing workshops and art classes in school to later getting my master’s degree in creative writing, I have always made creativity a priority. In times when I’ve felt lost or sad, creating is what has always saved me. Over the past couple of years, I’ve recommitted to writing and making art as much as possible and have seen huge improvements in my happiness and well-being as a result.
I’ve learned we’re never too late to learn and grow, and we’re never done creating. Our potential is limitless — both in our ability to create and in our ability to feel good!
The world needs your creative gifts